Tuesday, February 1, 2011

week 3 homeworl

          When I watched both videos on the websites the two programs would be great assets to any school that values education, but with many schools being low performance and having shrinking budgets every year many school districts couldn’t afford to buy the software. Even if the schools found away to fund the software their computer are either out dated or they don’t have enough computers to use the programs effectively. The three things I liked the most were how they talked about how safe and secure the websites are, how you could use the software to encourage students and their friends to help each other with their writing projects, and how simple and easy both programs are to use by the students.  I would use inspiration mainly for PowerPoint projects and notes, because of its simple but effective make up students would need very little assistance from you the teacher so you would be able to help every student better. I thought Webspiration classroom would be a great tool to help all your students learn to write and communicate on a high level if you had enough computers for everyone to use.
                 Creative writing or collaborative writing assignments would be the best fit for the use of those technology programs. You can use a program where the students proofread and edit each other’s papers so that you will only have to grade their papers once and grade everyone’s revisions and multiple rough drafts of their papers. You can use one of the programs that were discussed in both chapters that are designed to help with peer editing, revision, and feedback. At my first volunteer job as a pee-wee football coach, I had to teach the younger kids how to block correctly, which was very hard thought I knew how to block pretty well since I played varsity football, but I was wrong. I learned after, working with the children that not one style works with every child you have try to find what works best for each one to be effective.
             I think that all of these programs are very valuable tools that aid any teacher in her goal to help students learn more, but many schools don’t have the money or the resources to pay for the equipment that would be needed to make the programs really effective. For school districts that can afford the software and the manpower that would be needed to work and monitor all this stuff effectively then they should get the software, but the school districts that cant shouldn’t waste their time with it because it won’t be effective.
Jerome Jones

3 comments:

  1. I really liked the part where it talked about how safe and secure the programs were. I liked also, that your assignments are automatically saved. I have experienced so many times, where my computer lost power and my assignment didn't save. My writing choices were creative and collaborative as well. These programs let students show their creative sides, and let students and teachers provide feedback and insight. I came from a 1A school, and we didn't always have the money or resources needed. I agree that if you don't have the man power to support all the software, then it won't be as effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about that assignments, creative writing and collaborative writing is the best to use with these programs. It is a good way to have their peers interact with each other.


    Shadane Easington

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never even thought about how schools could have a hard time getting the funds for the software and that their computers might be too out dated. This is a huge problem for the schools especially when their is so much technology out there and it is always changing. So I agree when you say that in some schools this would not be effective for the studenta or teacher. It would be nice if every school could afford the technology but it just isn't possible.

    ReplyDelete